How to make sure that you get the full benefits from your natural products.
At The Sage Soap Company – we don’t use any preservatives in our products. All of our ingredients are natural (and local and organic where possible). Unlike a lot of items with lots of preservatives and long shelf-lives that you can buy in mass-consumer stores, natural products have to be stored and used slightly differently. Here are some 5 tips simple tips for using our products (and all natural products!).
- Store them in a cool and dark place, out of direct sunlight. An ideal place is in a cabinet, or under the bathroom vanity.
- Use them sooner than later! Sometimes it’s nice to save nice products for a “special occasion” – I know that I’m guilty of this. However, it’s best to use the products when they are fresh so that you can get their maximum benefits.
- Use a soap tray! Keep your soap on a tray so that it can dry out after you use it.
- Clean your tub before taking a bath with a bath bomb or salts. Tubs that haven’t been cleaned recently, or older tubs will often have a “grime layer” at the water level when you’re done with your bath. If you give the tub a quick clean before taking a bath, this will minimize clean-up afterward.
- Use the “sniff test” rule. If you can’t remember how long you’ve had a product, sniff it. You will usually be able to tell if the oils in the product are starting to turn rancid.
Natural products are great for your skin and much better for the environment than what’s available in mass market shops. Supporting local also means putting your hard-earned dollars into the pockets of your fellow community members.